Guide for a day
Join a group tour
The Rum Legend
A fun tour where you learn about the origin, development, and production of the famous Cuban Rum, and do plenty of tasting it as well.
- Visit the Bacardi building
- Visit the Rum Museum
- Enjoy a cocktail at one of Havana's legendary watering holes
- Learn to make Cuba’s traditional cocktails at a cool local bar
All service are OFAC compliant under the general license “Support for the Cuban people” 515.574
Did you know that Bacardi Rum, one of the most popular in the US, actually started from Cuba? Puerto Rico may be home to the famous bat logo, but the rum was originally one of Cuba’s most popular. We visit the beautiful 1930’sl Art Deco Bacardi building and learn about this famous brand’s early beginnings in Cuba, and what became of their rum after the revolution. We then visit the Plaza de Armas, where you’ll hear the melancholy love story of Giraldilla, the iconic symbol of Havana Club. One can’t discuss rum in Cuba without longing for a taste of it, so our next stop is for a drink in one of Cuba’s bars, like the legendary bar La Bodeguita del Medio.
From here let's head to Havana's rum museum to learn about the processes that make Cuban rum so special. Here you’ll have the opportunity to taste Havana Club Rum varieties. Naturally, after all that rum we need to fill our bellies, so the tour finishes with a delicious lunch at a local paladar, where a barman will show us how to mix a perfect Cuban cocktail such as a Mojito or a Daiquiri.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting point: La Gargola Guesthouse, 82 Calle Cuba (between Cuarteles and Chacon streets), first floor (up the stairs, blue door)
- Start time: 10:30 A.M.
- Availability: Monday to Sunday (Does not run on Cuban public holidays)
- Finish Time: 1:30 P.M.
- Finish point: Restaurant in Old Havana
- Language: English or Spanish
- Child policy: No travellers under the age of 18
- Inclusions: Professional English-speaking guide,activities as noted, museum entry fee, lunch, rum tasters, 2 cocktails, transport while on the tour
- Exclusions: Transportation from finish point, food and drinks not specified above, tips/gratuities
DESIGN YOUR OWN TOUR - if you want to design your own private tour for Havana with a set itinerary, contact our experienced operations personnel, and they will be happy to customize a day tour for you!
If you or your small group of friends want to have your own private tour guide on a set itinerary in Havana, these private Havana tours are your best choice. We also have a great deal of experience in catering for passengers on a cruise ship shore excursion. Prices vary depending on how many people in your group.