Guide for a day
Join a group tour
Old Havana Street Eats
Eating on the streets of Havana is certainly a favourite past time of local Habaneros!
Join us for an interesting & fun walk in Old Havana, try a selection of street food delicacies, & learn about the Cuban culture.
Service are OFAC compliant under the general license “Support for the Cuban people” 515.574
Cuba might not be internationally known for its delicious street food, but locals know that Havana streets are full of of cheap, convenient, and tasty comfort food and if you want an authentic local experience, this is one you can’t miss! Perhaps you’ve already heard about “peso” pizzas - 50 cent pizzas that many a budget traveler has lived off of while in Cuba- or seen pictures of freshly fried churros in your Instagram feed, on this tour you’ll try those and more!
The tour starts across from Havana’s beautiful Capitol building for a pillowy fried guava snack that has locals lined up. From there we’ll walk down popular pedestrian street Calle Obispo to sample all the fried or sugary delights that the vendors have to offer. We never know what will we’ll find, the concept of “here one day, gone the next” is a familiar one in Cuba, part of what keeps things interesting!
This is a cultural tour and along the way you’ll learn about Cuban tastes, history, economy, and recommendations for the rest of your stay. Our tour ends in elegant colonial Plaza Vieja where if we’re lucky you’ll get to try a delicious frozen treat from one of Havana’s colorful characters!
Itinerary subject to change based on availability of suitable locations. Tour can accommodate vegetarian, but not vegan or gluten-free travelers. Please let us know about allergies or dietary restrictions when booking and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Meeting point: The Statue [of Jose Marti] in Parque Central (Central Park)
- Start time:10:00 A.M. or 3:00 P.M.
- Availability: Monday to Sunday (Does not run on Cuban public holidays)
- Finish time: 12:30 P.M or 5:30 P.M.
- Finish point: Plaza Vieja, Old Havana
- Language: English or Spanish
- Child policy: Child friendly
- Inclusions: Professional English-speaking guide, street food samples, one drink
- Exclusions:Transportation to and from tour meeting point, food and drinks not specified above, tips/gratuities
- Requirements/recommendations: Bring water, sunglasses, sun protections such as hat or umbrella
WE ARE HONEST AND OPEN - Each tour is guided by one of our expert local Cuban tour guides who can also explain to you some aspects of the Cuban society and culture and tell you about life in Havana. Our local Cuban tour guides are honest in their answers to any questions you have about Cuba and it’s people, history, and politics.
We run these small group tours and shore excursions of Havana every day. There is a set departure time for each tour, and you join a group of up to a total of 12 participants with one of our local Havana guides.