Guide for a day
Join a group tour
Mafia & The American Influence
Explore the pre-revolutionary days of Havana when the mafia ran the city and American style prevailed
- Learn about how the American mafia turned Havana into “America’s Playground”
- Visit some of the mafia-owned hotels to imagine the glitz, glamour, and debauchery of pre-revolutionary Havana
- Discover “Little Manhattan” and other important landmarks that pay homage to Cuba’s neighbor to the north
As far back as the colonial days, American style has influenced Cuba in every aspect of life: architecture, politics, economy, culture and lifestyle. On this unique tour, we’ll show you evidence of the US’ influence in buildings, landmarks, and other details unnoticed by most visitors.
We’ll also explore the impact of the American mob on Cuba, and how through cunning and bribery, they managed to get Cuba’s brutal dictator into their embrace and transform Cuba into “America’s Playground”. Although little evidence of their heyday remains, mostly erased by the revolution, you’ll be captivated by the shocking stories of the Havana that was, and the Havana that could have been.
- DURATION: 3h
- MEETING POINT: La Gargola
- START TIME: 10:30am
- AVAILABILITY: Every day
- FINISH POINT: Local Restaurant
- FINISH TIME: 1:30pm
- LANGUAGE: English or Spanish
- CHILD POLICY: Children friendly
- INCLUSIONS: Transport, lunch with cocktail
- EXCLUSIONS: Transportation from finish point, food and drinks not specified above, tips/gratuities
DESIGN YOUR OWN TOUR - if you want to design your own private tour for Havana with a set itinerary, contact our experienced operations personnel, and they will be happy to customize a day tour for you!
If you or your small group of friends want to have your own private tour guide on a set itinerary in Havana, these private Havana tours are your best choice. We also have a great deal of experience in catering for passengers on a cruise ship shore excursion. Prices vary depending on how many people in your group.