Guide for a day
Join a group tour
Follow the footsteps of this famous American author from his favourite watering holes to his home outside Havana.
- Visit Hemingway's favourite bars
- Visit Hemingway's hotel room where he wrote three of his novels
- Visit the fishing village of Cojimar, inspiration for Old Man and the Sea
- Tour Hemingway’s home Finca Vigia
Service are OFAC compliant under the general license “Support for the Cuban people” 515.574
Hemingway left an indelible mark on Havana. Journey with our local guide to visit his favorite places to drink in the old city, including the Bodeguita del Medio - the bar that claims to have invented the world famous mojito, and the Floridita - where a world record variety of daiquiris are on the menu, as well as the hotel room where he wrote part of "For Whom the Bell Tolls". We visit the quaint fishing village of Cojímar, which famously harboured his beloved fishing boat and a ranch on the outskirts of Havana that he lived in for 20 years, and where an impressive collection of his personal belongings remain.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Meeting point: Guest accommodation
- Start time: 10:00 A.M.
- Availability: Monday to Saturday (Does not run on Cuban public holidays)
- Finish time: 2:00 P.M.
- Finish point: Guest accommodation
- Language: English or Spanish
- Child policy: Child friendly experience.
- Inclusions: Professional English-speaking guide, pick up to/from accommodations, activities as noted, 2 Cuban cocktails.
- Exclusions: Food and drinks not specified above, tips/gratuities
DESIGN YOUR OWN TOUR - if you want to design your own private tour for Havana with a set itinerary, contact our experienced operations personnel, and they will be happy to customize a day tour for you!
If you or your small group of friends want to have your own private tour guide on a set itinerary in Havana, these private Havana tours are your best choice. We also have a great deal of experience in catering for passengers on a cruise ship shore excursion. Prices vary depending on how many people in your group.