Guide for a day
Join a group tour
Learn about the colorful and ancient religions that arrived from Africa, and have since flourished in Cuba.
Service are OFAC compliant under the general license “Support for the Cuban people” 515.574
The Africans that came as slaves to Cuba brought many religions and beliefs. Through a need to hide their practices from the Spanish, these religions morphed and syncretised to become unique in the world. One of them - Santeria is now the most popular of all religions in Cuba and has a profound impact on Cuban society. Learn about these religions with an expert local guide, who will show you around the neighbourhoods of Central Habana and take you into a home of a family of practitioners.
- DURATION: 2 hours
- MEETING POINT: Callejon de Hamel, Centro Havana.
- START TIME: 9.30 A.M.
- AVAILABILITY: Monday to Saturday (Does not run on Sunday's or Jan 01, Dec 25)
- FINISH TIME: 11:30 P.M.
- FINISH POINT: Callejon de Hamel, Centro Havana
- LANGUAGE: English or Spanish
- CHILD POLICY: Child friendly experience
- INCLUSIONS: Professional English-speaking guide, activities as noted, drink
- EXCLUSIONS: Transportation to/from meeting point, food and drinks not specified above, tips/gratuities
WE ARE HONEST AND OPEN - Each tour is guided by one of our expert local Cuban tour guides who can also explain to you some aspects of the Cuban society and culture and tell you about life in Havana. Our local Cuban tour guides are honest in their answers to any questions you have about Cuba and it’s people, history, and politics.
We run these small group tours and shore excursions of Havana every day. There is a set departure time for each tour, and you join a group of up to a total of 12 participants with one of our local Havana guides.